PUBLICITY PRESS BOOK
Member garden clubs, district, council and/or affiliated garden center may receive an award for the quality, quantity and diversity of coverage in the print media promoting garden club and NGC goals and objectives.
State and NGC application forms with required information are to be attached to inside front cover. There is no limit on the number of pages.
The first place entries in each class will be forwarded for regional competition. Their books of evidence should be returned to the state at Regional meetings. Regional winners will be announced at the NGC Convention and receive NGC certificates of commendation.
Class A. Single member garden club
i small club: under 29 members
ii medium club: 30-99 members
iii large club: 100 members and over
Class B. Group of member clubs, councils, districts
Requirements for Preparing Publicity Press Book
1. Label on outside cover: number and name of NGC award, category, name of club/s, city and state.
2. Submit in report cover or folder; 8 ½ x 11” or 9 x 12.” No heavy scrapbooks or oversized portfolios. There is
no limit on the number of pages. Plastic page protectors may be used.
3. Material must consist of any of the following: newspaper, magazine, newsletter, notices or flyers for one-time
event, or any printed publication clippings with the name and date of publication over each article. Clear
photocopies are permitted; reduced photocopies of large or lengthy articles are permitted. Downloading of
published newspaper articles from the Internet is permitted. Judges take into consideration the difficulty in
securing newspaper publicity.
4. No page numbering or Table of Contents needed. Affix contents in chronological order January 1 through
5. Clippings evenly cut. No loose clippings permitted.
6. Each published item must contain the name of organization and/or individual/s identified as a member of the
organization. Underline first use of name of organization and/or member in each article.
7. Articles should include who, what, when, where, etc. where applicable; publicity should relate to organization’s
or individual’s projects and/or activities; promotion of NGC objectives and goals.
Scale of Points for Judging:
Presentation meets all requirements, neatly presented 15 pts
Quality articles well written; publicity related to projects and/or activities 40 pts
Quantity articles for each month (take in consideration dark months), use
of varied publications and media (newspaper coverage is difficult,
especially in larger cities), magazines, newsletters, notices/flyers,
journals, etc.) 25 pts
Diversity local, council, district, state, national, other _20 pts
Total 100 pts
First, second, third place and honorable mention will be given when merited (Certificate of Award).
Entries are due to the State Public Relations Chairman by January 25th.