Amy Little Mason Award
AMY LITTLE MASON WILDFLOWER
An annual award of $100.00 and a Certificate of Award will be given, when merited, to the club with the most outstanding project for the protection and/or propagation of wildflowers. It is hoped that this special award will inspire clubs to apply for an available NGC Awards: NPW-1: NPW-2; NPW-3.
The following categories may be used:
1. The Rural Highway or Roadside: Preservation and enhancement of the rural environment.
2. The Urban Highway: Access and entries to towns and cities. Median plantings with native grown plants.
3. Civic Project: This includes the use of native plants and wildflowers in a local area, such as a park.
4. Protection and preservation of an already established natural area with a diversity of native wildflowers.
5. Demonstration area showing the successful propagation of native plants.
1. Submit an application form (see Award Rules).
2. Before and after photographs should be included showing the progress and completion of the project.
3. A typewritten summary should describe the scope of the project including unique aspects and design features.
4. Membership participation and the role of cooperating organizations should be described.
Scale of Points for Judging:
Compatibility – adaptation to area 25 pts
Conservation 25 pts
Educational 25 pts
Visual appeal 15 pts
Membership and other organizational participation 10 pts
TOTAL 100 pts
Application form (See Award Rules) is to be sent to the State Wildflower Chairman by December 1.
A committee of three (3) members, including the State Wildflower Chairman, shall be appointed by the State President to judge the applications. Application form (See Award Rules) is to be sent to the State Wildflower Chairman by December 1.