Scholarship Patrons, Gold Star and Associate Life Members, contributions, memorials and honorariums comprise the Scholarship Fund. Fifty dollars from Scholarship Patrons and Associate Life Members is contributed to the permanent endowment fund from which only the interest becomes available for current use by eligible students. Fifty dollars from Scholarship Patrons is contributed to the general fund, state life member equity account. Fifty dollars from Gold Star Members is allotted equally between the general fund, state life member equity account, and the annual scholarship account. Scholarship contributions, memorials, honorariums, Scholarship Patrons, Gold Star and Associate Life Members are combined for these awards. Both districts and clubs are recognized in giving these awards.
Class A. District Contributions
- Largest contribution from a District.
- District with largest percentage of clubs contributing.
- District with the most new Scholarship Patrons.
Class B. Club Contributions
- Largest contribution from a club.
- A Gold Seal will be presented to club contributing $200.00 or more.
- A Silver Seal will be presented to club contributing $100.00 to $199.00.
- All clubs contributing $25.00 to $99.00 will receive a certificate.
- Largest number of NEW Scholarship Patrons from a club.
- Largest number of NEW Gold Star Members from a club.
First, second and third place certificates will be given, except in Class B2, B3 and B4.
Application form or letter requesting Scholarship Patron must be accompanied by a check for $100.00. Application for Gold Star or Associate Life Member must be accompanied by a check for $50.00. Please give club and district to be counted for awards. Make checks payable to The Garden Club of Indiana, Inc. and send to the State Scholarship Chairman.
Contributions should be sent to the State Scholarship Chairman giving club name and district. Make checks payable to The Garden Club of Indiana, Inc., mark Scholarship Fund in lower left corner of check.
Memorials and Honorariums should be sent to the State Scholarship Chairman. Be sure to give club name, district, person to be notified and their address. Make check payable to The Garden Club of Indiana, Inc., mark Scholarship Fund in lower left corner of check.
Contributions from clubs or individuals are due to the State Scholarship Chairman by December 1.
Page last updated: July 21, 2020